A common Jester & alehouse-haunter, a shifter, a buier & seller of lande. He serueth at two cures cursorie, videlicet, at Norton & Claredon.The valew of both is knowen to be well worth xxv" by the yeare.Birmingham International Airport is situated 16 miles (26 km) to the North, with flights to Europe, Asia and America.Claverdon Primary School is an English mixed primary school located in Breach Lane in the village of Claverdon.It is said to have been the north-western of the four angle-towers of the great house begun by Thomas Spencer, who died in 1630 and whose monument stands in the church.There are no traces whatever of the remainder of any great house above ground, nor are there any indications where this tower joined up with the ranges of the house.There are many sports clubs in the village which are well supported by parishioners.
Upon the death of Andrew Archer in 1741 the larger portion of his estate including the manor of Claverdon and the chief farms therein known as Park, Lodge, Breach, Gannaway, and the Reddings descended to his eldest son Thomas, created first Baron Archer of Umberslade in 1747.
What other composition is betweene mr Bucke and him who placed him there that is vnknowen.
Stone Building, 3/4-mile north east of the village, is probably of the 17th century and of a type very rare in the Midlands being a tower house in the North English sense, not fortified but defensible within bounds.
The village shop was closed in 2007 and the butcher's shop, which also houses the Post Office, broadened its range of items, however it could not offer newspapers.
Eventually, after a long wait, the community shop was created replacing the village shop but not housed in the former premises.